Holy cow have I been busy! I live and breathe first grade it seems. When you get hired the day before school starts you don't have much time! So far it is going well, I have had good moments and panicky moments, but my kids are absolutely adorable!!! I have never seen a group of kids so cute as my class! I have 21 students and really only 1 that has "no self control," as his kindergarten teacher put it. And it's true he has NO self control. Hopefully I will be a good teacher for him with my experience from my class a couple years ago. :) I love working for DoDDS. I don't think it will be an easy transition when I come back to teaching in the states (I guess I should waita little longer before saying that since I've only worked here for a week). The schools are wonderful here!
We got our first shipment today. I finally have all my clothes. It was a very happy sight after living out of a suitcase for the past two months. Chile was also very happy to see all of his toys. We are a little confused because a bunch of things that were supposed to be in this shipment were not, so we're hoping they will show up in the regular shipment and not in storage.
We are also supposed to get are internet on Friday! We are pumped! There is a possibility that this will not happen. Things don't always happen when they are supposed to. Our friends Nate and Laura were supposed to get their internet a long time ago and when the people showed up, they were only there for an inspection. They had to wait a couple more weeks to get it set up. When I talked with the lady on the phone she said they did not need an inspection for our apartment so hopefully we will have it in less than a week! If all goes right, we can set up our vonage phone and I can call people on my birthday! Although, a lot of people have problems setting that up as well, so we'll see!
Anyways...hope things are well in the states and I will write more later!
P.S. Jacob (Matt's brother) and Pri got engaged last week! YAY! Congrats!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What does that DoDDS stand for exactly?? Are you teaching just 1st graders of marine families? I wouldn't even know how to teach 1st grade so I think you are amazing!! What does a typical day look like in your room? (ok that totally sounds like and interview question but I'm just curious!! :) ) I go back tues w/ my students but am not nearly as prepared as last year. I totally have focused on the house more! We bought a sectional today and are excited to get it on Tuesday so i can only imagine how excited you are for the rest of your shipments. Congrat to Pri and Jacob!! Thanks for your parents info! Miss ya!
Another wedding to come home for!! ;) I'm gonna email you soon :) miss youuuuuuu!!!
Post a Comment