Sunday, August 10, 2008

AaAaHhHh!

Matt and I have been so bored all weekend! There was a problem with the paperwork and we were unable to pick up our cars on Friday. We are supposed to get them tomorrow. I really hope it works out cause I don't know if I can spend another day in this hotel room!

On Friday, Matt and I went over to Nate and Laura's place for a couple drinks before our first night out on the town. We met up with some other dentists at an Officer's Club before they took us around to a couple bars that they enjoy. It was fun meeting some new people. We stayed at Nate and Laura's that night because if you have ONE drink here and get pulled over off base you will get a DUI and thrown in a Japanese jail. We decided to avoid that by taking cabs all night and soon when we move into our apartment we will be able to walk to Nate and Laura's. Fun stuff!

For the rest of the weekend we have been cooped up in the little hotel room, watching the olympics and facebooking. What a way to spend our 2nd weekend in Japan. We did walk to the exchange for something to do, but that did not last too long and we barely made it home before the down pour. I'm starting to get a bit homesick but that could be due to the amount of sitting around we are doing. I talked to Bri yesterday on the computer which was nice, but I have yet to talk with my parents on the phone. We ordered our vonage phone yesterday, so as soon as we get our computers and internet we will be able to call anyone as much as we want!

Well Matt and I are going to play some video games to try and pass the time!

No comments: