I have been sitting in the library and running all over the Foster and Kadena bases between schools and human resources all day. As I was researching a new application that sounded interesting I got a call from an unknown number (not that I really know a lot of people here). When I answered, the lady from human resources that gave me the bad news two days ago about not being hired for a teaching position, said guess what?! I have a teaching job for you in the first grade! So tomorrow I go get everything ready in my classroom and on Monday the kids start! I don't have much time...eeekkk! I'm so excited for first grade, I've always wanted my own classroom and now I have one for three years! YAYAYAYAY!!!!
Matt was pretty excited too. :)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's good to hear everything is coming into place for you guys! Hopefully I can find a way out there someday..I imagine teaching first graders is a lot like driving matt and I home after a drinking session. Except for the taco bell. Cheers!
OH MY GOSH!! I'm tearing up because I seriously am so happy for you!! I prayed for you and andrea (in her move, missing her boy, job searching) lots last night and you probably had the job already but I am just ecstatic for you!! YEAH!!! I wish you had vonage so I could call you already!!! I love Jason's note too!! Those 1st graders will be young at first compared to your h.s., but just set up plenty of routine and repetition and they will thrive and love you! AAHH!! YEAH!!! Love ya, Brooke
That's great Jody! Congrats! I am glad Chile is back with you... I would have freaked out without him if I were you!
How 'bout them gymnastics?! So crazy... sure is different than when we were doing it! I LOVE Shawn Johnson! she's super cute!
YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you! You will be great at first grade. I love reading all your stories. Your place sounds amazing and I hope to come visit sometime...Tell Chile that Winston sends a kiss and a bite on the ear. I know, I still have to send the video. I am jealous that you get to walk to bars and the bowling alley is close:). I will try and be good and write you a long email soon about all the happenings here. Love you and miss you!!! Tell Matt I guess I miss him too. Amy
Those first graders are very lucky kids to have you as a teacher. Very happy that everything is falling into place. Can't wait to see some photos.
XOXO
Mom
Yay! Congrats and good luck getting everything together. Drew wanted me to tell you that Kevin Mack is back in his class.
We're super jealous since you have Nate and Laura, while we have Steve, which leaves you one friend ahead of us even though we've been here a year. And Janis says she misses Chile, but she really misses Matt's belly rubs.
Post a Comment