Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life in Japan

Last week was busy, busy, busy!
Last weekend we bought some nice patio furniture from some people that our PCSing. We also went to a yukata party and wore our new Japanese outfits.
During the week we went to a new teacher dinner on Wednesday and on Thursday I went to my first dental coffee BUNKO group. Every other night I was at work late trying to get ahead with my planning and finish up the paperwork that is due at the end of the month.
This week was the first time I felt homesick. Luckily our vonage phone came into good use and I was able to talk to a lot of friends.
Matt had training all week. It was nice because he did not have to get up at 5:10 am, he got to sleep in and get up when I got up. It was also nice having him walk Chile in the morning. :)
On Friday we got our regular shipment and have spent the weekend putting things away. We still have a ways to go until we're completely settled in. Most of our stuff made it in good condition. Our microwave and baking pans did not make it to Japan. They are floating around amongst boxes and other shipments we believe, or else one of the movers got a nice present. One of the picture frames we got as a wedding gift is completely busted, a bookshelf and filing cabinet is all splintered in the back, and a lampshade is torn. I'm glad we didn't bring our nicer furniture.
We also got cable (10 channels) this weekend. Matt has been hogging it all hours of the day. I will have to fight him for the remote.
I bought my plane ticket home for November. I will be home November 8-November 17. Yay! :)

No comments: