Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fun Oki








What a tiring week! I have been so exhausted for some reason. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Tomorrow (Friday), we have an early release for the kids and then staff development for the rest of the day. It will be a nice break for half a day. We had open house on Monday night. I was happy to talk with parents again since the first time I met them was the very first day I was hired and was a bit overwhelmed.

Well, school gets out at 3:00 and open house didn't start until 5:30, so I was able to get a lot done. Parents were supposed to go to a gathering in the cafeteria and then go to all the classrooms at 6:00. I was in my room, sprawled out on the floor with books everywhere, wearing a skirt, King of the Hill was on the tv in the background (I don't even like that show by the way), and the first parent and student came in early! I was soooo embarrassed. The parents definitely did not go to the gathering and all came early! Besides the first part, everything went well and I got some good feedback.

On a side note, Chile got a major haircut today. We are hoping it will help us keep the bad ticks off of him. He looks so little. He looks so handsome, but they did not cut his ears or his tail. So his body looks very little with shaggy ears and poofy tail.






1 comment:

Sarah said...

So the question is: did Chile like his haircut or was he embarrassed? My parents' dog always prances around after his trims (like he knows he looks good) but the cat always looks slightly ashamed.