Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Little Update From JAPAN

Apparently I am no good at having a blog. It has been forever since I've posted anything! Lately we have just been busy with work and hanging out with friends. Matt has started working back up North again, so the alarm clock has been waking me up way too early. It was sure nice when he was working at the hospital that is close to our home. Hopefully he will eventually be moved to a clinic that is not an hour away.
Right now, Matt is in Tokyo with a few friends attending a dental conference. They went early to get a few days of sight seeing in before getting to work. Matt can now be my Tokyo tour guide for when we visit Tokyo together sometime in the future. I do not think it is quite fair though, that while I was at work he got to play around at Tokyo Disney!
Chile and I have been keeping each other company. I am so glad he is here. If he weren't, I would be so lonely and probably scared to death of every little noise I hear in the middle of the night. He's such a good guard dog! :)
Teaching is going well. I can't believe next week is the end of the 3rd quarter already. This year has flown by! The end of the quarter is a little stressful with finishing assessments, report cards, conferences, and planning a field trip, but a week from tomorrow we start our MUCH NEEDED spring break. I am amazed at the progress my students have made already this year! Even though I have had my hands full with a VERY high energy group of students this year, I am a bit sad to think that I only have one more quarter left with them. This will be my first teaching job that I get to stay at for more than one year, so at least I will be able to see most of them around next year!
I am SO EXTREMELY EXCITED to go back to MN in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you are all surprised that I feel that way. I can't wait! I will be home for about a month and Matt will be home for a couple of weeks. Also, we are going to Africa to visit my sister in August. We are pretty excited for that as well. It will be quite the adventure!
Well I need to head to bed! I hope everyone is doing well in MN and the weather is warming up for you!

No comments: