This past week I returned to the island after a much needed trip to the states. For 8 days, I saw family and friends, and spent a weekend in Chicago for my friend Amy's wedding. It was wonderful being home and I welcomed the cold! I am quite sick of hot weather. The trip went way too fast and it was very hard to leave knowing I will not be back for another seven months.
After the loooooooooooong flight back and getting home at 11:30pm, I had to return to work the very next morning. It was a crazy week to come back to. The first grade classes had our Thanksgiving pageant and feast and we are preparing for our first field trip on Tuesday. Ugh! It will be wonderful to get back to actual teaching after the holidays.
Matt and I have been taking it easy this weekend (trying to get over my jet lag.) We attempted to clean the apartment yesterday, it was not as successful as I would have liked. The heat has finally lifted and the humidity is mostly gone! Woo hoo! Chile has been sunning on the balcony and enjoying the cooler weather.
Matt and I both have a three day work week this week, and are looking forward to a nice big turkey dinner! We are going to try to do a little Christmas decorating next weekend to make it feel like the holidays are here. Although, without snow, it will be difficult!
We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Here are some pictures from my trip home:
Amy got married!
Rehearsal Dinner with Cornell friends- me, Amy, Allie, and Shannon
Playing nerts with Katy and Emily
Grandma and I
Mom, Dad, and I at Blackdog
2 comments:
What is Nerts?
It is the best card game ever! It's kind of like a speed solitare that you play with other people.
Post a Comment